The Best Quick and Easy Pecan Pie Bars
If you are looking for a dessert recipe that is quick and easy to make, then this pecan pie bars recipe is for you. This is just the recipe to add to your list of favorites, especially helpful when you have to whip something up at a moments notice. The recipe only takes about ten minutes to prepare and about twenty minutes to bake, and that's a good thing. The recipe ingredient that makes this dessert recipe so easy is the Pillsbury original crescents; it's always a good idea to keep a few rolls of this in the freezer of your fridge. You will also need some chopped pecans, granulated sugar, melted butter, vanilla and egg. For the full dessert recipe tutorial, you will want to take a look at the recipe site.
Pecans are a healthy ingredient that can be used in all sorts of dessert recipes; pecans also taste good on their own as roasted pecans for a snack. Pecans have a fat content of over 70 percent which is the highest among all the other nuts. Shelled pecans are available all year round in your grocery store while unshelled pecans are available only in autumn.
Pecans come in a variety of sizes such as extra large, mammoth, large, medium, and small. Pecans are also available in several forms such as whole pecans, pieces, pecan halves, granules and meals. Some of the pecan nutrition you get from adding to recipe include being an excellent source of dietary fiber, iron, and protein, with lesser amounts of calcium and Vitamin C.
There are many benefits to eating pecans one of them is to do with cardiovascular health. Because pecans are rich in fiber, they help boost the health of your heart by reducing the risk of coronary heart disease and may prevent some forms of cancer. Pecans also contain monounsaturated fats like oleic acid along with phenolic antioxidants that are healthy for your heart and may help prevent coronary artery disease and strokes. Pecans may also help with digestive health because the fiber contained in pecans helps to promote colon health and facilitate regular bowel movements. Pecans enable the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency by helping to clean out the gastrointestinal system. Pecans may also help to aid in weight loss. Research shows that a diet comprising of nuts such as pecans may help in losing weight. This is because consuming nuts enhances satiety and increases metabolism.
Eating pecans may also help reduce the risk of breast cancer. Pecans contain oleic acid, which is a fatty acid that has been found to help reduce the risk of breast cancer. Pecans may also help with bone and teeth health. With phosphorus being one of the most abundant minerals in the body after calcium. And nearly 85 percent of phosphorus is found in bones and teeth while the other 15 percent can be found in cells and tissues. And beside helping to clean the waste from the body, phosphorus, along with the calcium, helps to promote the health of your bones and teeth. This mineral is also important for the growth and the repair of cells and tissues along with the production of DNA and RNA. Lastly, phosphorus helps to prevent muscle pain that can occur due to exercising. Pecans may also have anti-inflammatory benefits because they are rich in magnesium which is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. This is just one of the dessert recipes you will find on the Mandy's Recipe Box site. On the recipe site you will also find appetizer recipes, main dish ideas, side dish recipes, drink recipes, breakfast recipes and so much more. **
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Mandy's Recipe Box
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.