How to get rid of mold naturally in 3 ways!

Photo Credit :- Health Extremist

Have you noticed mould growing somewhere in your home? If so, it's a good idea to get on top of it before it gets too far out of control. The dangers of mould in your home can be pretty high, and people have actually reported health issues because of exposure to black mould. The symptoms of prolonged mould exposure could be a constantly runny nose, headaches, rashes, fatigue, and depression. If a person has been exposed to mould for even longer, they could get respiratory issues or even neurological damage. So as you can see, the dangers of mould are the reason why you should remove it from your home as soon as possible. If you're just noticing a small amount of mould in your home for the first time, getting rid of that and staying on top of preventing further mould growth is going to be crucial. Mould thrives in moist, dark and warm areas so knowing that, you can make sure that you keep your home free of excess moisture by keeping it dry. You can do this with a dehumidifier, and you can make sure that you run a fan while you're taking showers or boiling water. You can also have a wood burning fireplace in your home to keep it warm, and it will also take the moisture out of the air too.

Of course, many people turn to bleaches when they attempt to get rid of mould. But there are natural cleaning tips that will help you get rid of the mould using natural cleaners. You can make use of essential oils like tea tree oil, or you can use vinegar or hydrogen peroxide which are a lot like bleach when it comes to cleaning. You can also use a combination of all three of these natural cleaners which will really kill the mould. You can make a solution of 10 drops of tea tree essential oil mixed with a cup of water in a spray bottle. Then you simply spray the mixture the mould and leave it for at least a few hours or overnight. Then, you can scrub the mould away with more of the tea tree oil and water or vinegar and spray it once more after the mould is all gone to keep it from growing back. Using undiluted white distilled vinegar will be best since the acids will kill the mould spores. Hydrogen peroxide also acts in a similar way to vinegar or bleach. Just mix 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide with one cup of water and put that in a spray bottle and spray it all over the mould. Allow it to sit on the surface and then scrub off the mould.

Follow up with a baking soda solution too which will keep mould away. Mix a half of a teaspoon of baking soda with one cup of water in a spray bottle like the rest of the solutions and then spray all over the area. Scrub the area well and then rinse with hot water. Make sure to dry the area well after you clean it too so that mould isn't attracted to that area again. All of these cleaners have great anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which are excellent for killing mould. Regular 5% vinegar actually kills 82% of mould which is pretty good, so paired up with any of the other cleaning tips, you should take care of most, if not all of the mould in your home. If the mould growth is really out of control in your home, you might even be best to hire the professionals to come in and clean it out.***


Learn MORE at Health Extremist




Contact (current) Privacy Policy Advertise