Easiest Sugar Cookie Recipe
This web site blogger and recipe creator at the Gunny Sack is sure this is the Best Sugar Cookie Recipe as it does not require refrigeration, rolling of the dough or cookie cutters. It is soft and tender as a sugar cookie recipe should be. There are a lot of recipes for a sugar cookie, and it is one of the classic recipes for an aspiring baker to master. A perfect sugar cookie is a delicate balance. Generally, a sugar cookie somewhat larger than a fancier cookie with a filling, as it is meant to be served as a dunker with coffee, tea, chocolate or milk (and other drinks, I suppose). As well, a classic sugar cookie often has a dusting of sugar that gives the cookie a bit of crunch as well as a touch of sweetness right at the first bite. That is because the cookie itself is somewhat bland, or neutral, in flavor. That does not mean it is not delicious, but that the flavors are intended to be served with some thing (like coffee or tea) where the cookie can absorb the flavor of the dunk.
This cookie is a quick and easy recipe that requires no rolling and no chilling time. Chilling cookie dough for 24 hours is a relatively common practice that allows the flavors to come together a bit better. Unlike cake, where the dough co-mingles easily because it is so wet, cookie dough is often quite dry, and it can take over night for the flavors to come together well. Here, though, there is no need for the wait time, according to the Gunnysack. So these cookies can be made up quickly and then baked and served while still warm. That is always a treat.
Tips for baking sugar cookies:
* Pre-heat the oven to 375F and wait until it reaches this temperature before baking.
* Only bake for 6-7 minutes for perfection.
* The tops should NOT be brown.
* To embed the sugar on the top of the cookie, before baking you can moisten a class and dip it into sugar and then press it into the top of the cookie to flatter and add the sugar.
* To decorate, you can go simple with the basic granulated sugar topping or check out the recipe for Buttercream Frosting choosing any color you want.
Nutritional content of a sugar cookie is generally not something anyone wants to talk about since they are not a health-food. They are high in sugar and fat and low in fiber and protein. In the case of desserts, my Grandmother always said ''everything moderation...even moderation', which too me means that you can't be strict all the time so when you do indulge...leave OUT the guilt and just enjoy life to the fullest.
This recipe also offers a pretty butter cream frosting that is lightly colored with green food coloring that you might consider adding to some of the cookies. Always leave some cookies unadorned since there will undoubtedly be some people visiting who prefer to not eat frosting on their desserts. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts for:Best Sugar Cookie Recipe From The Gunny Sack
Ingredients: Butter, shortening, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, powdered sugar, marshmallow cream, milk.
* Percentages (%) are based on a 2000 calorie diet * The entire recipe has been calculated for 27 servings. * Per Serving: Calories 86, Calories from Fat 2, Total Fat 0.2g 0%, Saturated Fat 0.1g 0%, Cholesterol 6mg 2%, Sodium 6mg 0%, Potassium 3mg 0%, Carbohydrates 21.1g 7%, Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0%, Sugars 19.4g, Protein 0.3g, Vitamin A 0%,Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at The Gunny Sack
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.