Best 21 Small Kitchen Ideas of all Time
When it comes to small house design storage is key, especially in the kitchen. So what better place to get some small house living storage tips from than The Kitchn website? The kitchen is the one room in the house that seems to have the most stuff. You have all of your dishes, cutlery and other utensils. Plus there is all the bakeware, cookware, Tupperware and small kitchen appliances like your toaster, blender and crockpot. That's not even including all of your dried and canned foods. If you have a smaller kitchen, you may be struggling to find a place to put everything. But with these handy small house design tips from The Kitchn, you'll have a more organized space than ever before. When your kitchen is nice and organized, you're more likely to cook since you will be able to find everything you need. Small house design isn't necessarily about having fewer items; it's all about how you store those items that makes all the difference. Making use of vertical space is a great key to small house living and keeping a small kitchen tidy. So always think to place things on the verticle. Here are some of the great small house decorating tips and tricks for your kitchen from The Kitchn. Make sure you go over to their website for the full list and links to the tutorials.
1. If you have tops on your cabinets in your small house kitchen, use them. This is a great space for storage. You can store stuff in baskets or bins and keep the items that you only use occasionally up there. This way it helps make your kitchen feel more organized.
2. Another great idea that's along the same lines as the first is to add some custom cubbies around your kitchen door frame. This is the perfect place to put vases, cookbooks, and even little knick-knacks or pieces of art.
3. Windows may not seem like a good place to store items, but they actually are. You can even put an extra curtain rod across the window midway up and hang some of your pots and pans from it.
4. Add some corkboard or chalkboard paint to the inside of your cabinets for storing and putting little notes. Even using magnetic paper inside of the door would work great.
5. If you don't have a ton of counter space, create some covers for your sink and stovetop in your small house kitchen that you can place over them when they are not in use. This makes more counter space for you to chop veggies and put bowls and other items while you're preparing food.
6. One of the neatest ideas is to make a skinny little cabinet that slides in and out of the space between your fridge and the wall. You can build one to fit the dimensions you need it to be and paint it to match your other cabinets and add the same hardware.
7. Using the bottom or underside of your cabinets can also be a great way to save space in your home. You can just attach the lids of some jars to the underside of the cabinet, and then your jars filled with goodies like tea, herbs or seasonings can unscrew from them any time you need their contents.
8. If you own your small house, you can install your own cabinets including toe kick cabinets which are a great space saver for baking sheets and other items.
These are just some of the great small house design ideas you can try out from the list, but make sure you check out all of the ideas to make small house living more organized.***
Learn MORE at The Kitchn
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.