7 BASIC Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. They are without a shadow of a doubt my all time favorite treat. I only really eat them as a treat though because my most favorite kind of chocolate chip cookies are the ones made with butter, sugar and flour. I have tried many healthy versions and to be honest they are all good, but when I am seriously craving a chocolate chip cookie, then the traditional recipe is the one for me.
This yummy easy chocolate chip cookie recipe can be doubled (why not eh?) and frozen to bake at a later date when in a chocolate chip cookie crisis! To use the frozen dough, take it out a few hours or even the night before and keep in fridge until you are ready to bake.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup salted butter at room temperature, 1 stick
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup + 2 tsp granulated sugar
1 large egg at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
1. Add flour and baking soda to a mixing bowl and whisk for 15 seconds to incorporate and make them fluffy.
2. To the bowl of a stand mixer, add softened butter and both sugars. Beat with paddle attachment for about 2 minutes, until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla, beat on LOW speed until combined.
4. Add flour, half the mixture at a time, beating on LOW speed until JUST combined after each addition. Don't overmix, or your cookies won't be soft and tender.
5. Add chocolate chips and stir together with a wooden spoon.
6. Cover bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes.
7. A few minutes before you want to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
8. Use a large cookie scoop (or a 1/4 cup filled about 2/3 of the way), scoop round balls of dough onto parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
9. Press a couple chocolate chips into the tops of the balls of dough, and bake about 10-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden brown and tops of cookies look a little underdone. (mine took 11 minutes).
10. OPTIONAL: Sprinkle top of baked cookies with some sea salt flakes.
11. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.