6 proven ways to remove scratches from wood furniture
The wood furniture in your house is long lasting and appealing but can be susceptible to scratches and dents. Fortunately, the minor scratches that happen on your furniture can be fixed easily at home. Instead of spending a lot of money on a professional wood refinisher to restore the surface of your wood furniture, you will want to first try these quick fixes to help cover up small scratches and imperfections on the wood using items you already have in your kitchen cabinets. You will want to take a look on the site for the DIY ideas to get your wooden furniture looking good again. The following are just some of the ideas you will find on the site.
1. Olive oil and vinegar. These simple ingredients that are in most kitchen cabinets can be mixed at a ratio of 1:1 to make a wood surface look almost like new again.
2. Tea bags. Simply use tea bags as an eco product to get your furniture looking good again. Soak the darkest tea bag you can find in some hot water for about two to three minutes. Then dip a cotton swab into the tea and dab it onto the scratches in the wood. Wipe off any excess liquid and then repeat as many times as needed.
3. Try felt-tip markers to help color scratches. Make sure that the felt tip marker matches the color of the wooden piece. When the ink from the marker dries, cover the spot with some wax or varnish.
4. Use walnut to help hide the scratch. Just rub the walnut on the damaged area and watch in amazement as the scrapes and scratches begin to darken and disappear.
5. Coffee grounds. Dip a cotton swab in some moist coffee grounds, and then apply the coffee grounds to the scratches in the wood. Wait for about 15 to 20 minutes and wipe the surface with a dry cloth. This works mainly for darker wood furniture.
Over the years, the furniture in your home can become scratched and a little worn. These blemishes in the wood are often unavoidable, but you don't need to worry because there are a variety of DIY idea and eco products that can help you to remove furniture scratches from wood. One way to help remove scratches from wooden furniture is by using a walnut. To start, remove the walnut from its shell. Then, rub the walnut up and down along the scratch. Next, warm the gash in the wood with your finger to help penetrate the walnut's oils and then allow them to soak in for five minutes. Lastly, use a soft cloth to help buff the area. The furniture scratch should be sealed. Depending on the color of the wood, you can use the meat of the walnut, the actual flesh part of a walnut to help color over light scratches. Break a pecan or a walnut in half and then rub over the scratch several times. Then, rub with your finger over the scratch until the area is warm, to help the wood absorb the oil from the walnut. This usually works on light scratches in the wood. Rub the walnut in. Then begin by rubbing the scratched wooden furniture with the walnut. Do this in a circular motion across the length of the scratch, from one end of the scratch to the other. You will find this diy idea and eco product for removing scratches from furniture on the Your House and Garden site. On the site you will find DIY ideas, eco products, natural cleaners, decorating ideas, organizing tips, cleaning tips, crafts and more. **
Learn MORE at Your House and Garden
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.