So you're on dinner duty for the holidays, and you may be wondering what to cook for dinner guests coming to your home. Here are 29 tips to make your holiday dinners much easier. Thanks to Twenty Two Words for these awesome real life hacks that make our lives easier. These tips and tricks will make quick recipes even easier and faster to make if you can believe it, so let's get to it and check out the tips.
1. If you're cooking a turkey, cook it overnight at a low temperature, so you save time and space on the big day.
2. Don't have a baking rack? No worries, just roll up some tin foil and place it under the bird.
3. Try wrapping a stuffed turkey breast in prosciutto. Elegant and easy.
4. Make individual stuffing servings by baking them in muffin tins.
5. A simple pan eclair recipe is a perfect choice, with only a few ingredients including peanut butter, graham crackers, and rich chocolate.
6. Sick of fumbling with a recipe book? Tape printed recipes to your kitchen cabinets to save space and have your recipe handy as needed.
7. Create a cranberry relish to change things up a bit. Just add sugar, Grand Marnier, and orange zest to canned cranberries and blend up.
8. Make a classic green bean casserole, takes only 25 minutes and gives people a nice green vegetable to enjoy.
9. Use rice or beans as pie weights. You don't need fancy pie weights when you have beans and rice.
10. Use a wine glass to cut out biscuits from the dough if you don't have a biscuit cutter.
11. Try something new, instead of the sweet potatoes with marshmallows, enjoy honey roasted potatoes with honey, cinnamon and olive oil roasted in the oven.
12. Make a gravy ahead of time and freeze it until you need it. Sometimes you don't know if you'll have enough drippings from your turkey to make gravy, this trick saves the day.
13. Another idea if you don't have a roasting rack, just use vegetables like carrots and celery whole. They also add flavor to the drippings.
14. Make an easy appetizer out of refrigerated crescent rolls, peppers and cream cheese, sure to please everyone and keep them satiated until the big meal.
15. Making fancy lattice for a pie? Use a cooling rack to press lines into the pastry dough and cut through with a pizza cutter.
16. Instead of cutting butter with a knife, use a vegetable peeler or vegetable grater.
17. Overcooked turkey? Use some warm chicken broth poured onto the meat to moisten it up.
18. Keep your mashed potatoes warm in your crockpot.
19. Try mashed sweet potatoes with roasted garlic for something a little different.
20. To save time, chop up your vegetables the night before.
21. Butterfly cut your turkey, so it cooks faster.
22. Make your pies ahead of time too and freeze them until you want to bake one.
23. Instead of marinating or brining your turkey, just rub butter all over it before you put it in the oven.
24. Keep your gravy warm by putting into a thermos.
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Twenty Two Words