25 uses for cornstarch that go way beyond cooking!
Cornstarch is a starch that is derived from the corn kernel. Starches have been used in one way or another since 1000 BC when it was used by wealthy ancient Egyptians derived from various grains to make things like cosmetics and adhesives. Cornstarch can be used for all sorts of DIY ideas, eco-friendly cleaners and natural cleaning solutions, so many that you will want to take a look at these 25 uses for cornstarch. There are lots of practical uses for cornstarch outside of the kitchen, with everything from untangling knots to soothing sunburns to making finger paint and more. You can find the full list of DIY ideas on the site; the following are just some of the ideas you will find.
1. One of the most popular uses of cornstarch is as a thickening agent. You can thicken sauces and gravy recipes with a bit of cornstarch. Simply mix the cornstarch with a little bit of water and add in while cooking.
2. As a DIY idea to help with skin irritation. Cornstarch can be used as a natural home remedy to help soothe and calm skin irritations, to include sunburns and skin reactions. Just combine three tablespoons of cornstarch with some cold water to form a thick paste. Then use a gauze pad or a cotton ball to apply to the skin and let dry, then rinse with warm water.
3. Use cornstarch to help remove oil stains. Cornstarch is great for getting rid of oily spills and smears. Just sprinkle a good amount of cornstarch on the stain and let it sit for an hour or so to draw out the moisture. Then proceed with your usual cleaning technique.
4. Use cornstarch to help clean stuffed animals. You can use cornstarch as a natural cleaning solution to clean stuffed animals. Put the stuffed animal in a paper bag, seal and shake the bag then leave it overnight. The next day, take the stuffed animal out of the bag and shake it well or use your vacuum attachment.
5. Use cornstarch as a dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is helpful when you’re in a rush and don’t have time to give your hair a proper full wash and dry. You will want to take a look at the recipe on the site.
6. Use as a diy idea to polish silver. Use cornstarch as a natural polish for your silver. Mix cornstarch with some water to form a paste. Then dip a damp cloth in the paste and apply to silver items. When the cleaning paste becomes dry, you can rub it down with a soft cloth.
7. Use cornstarch to make a translucent face powder. Translucent face powders can help you to minimize the appearance of pores, help reduce shine, and prolong the wear of your makeup. You can make an easy DIY idea for face powder at home using cornstarch.
8. Homemade blush and bronzer. Try this DIY idea to make your own all-natural blush and bronzer right at home. Simply mix some cornstarch with either hibiscus powder or some ground cinnamon or both.
9. Use as a natural cleaning solution to help clean your dog's fur. Apply some cornstarch on your dog's fur then rub the fur and brush it. The natural cleaning solution will help to remove dir from the dog's body, without a whole lot of effort.
You will find these 25 eco-friendly cleaners and DIY ideas on the One Good Thing By Jillee site. On the site, you will find all sorts of DIY ideas, eco-friendly cleaners, natural cleaning solutions, essential oils, DIY projects and so much more. **
Learn MORE at One Good Thing By Jillee
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.